April 7, 2009

About Robert Patton

I am a virtualization and storage networking consultant in the Portland, Oregon area. I have more than 10 years of systems administration and networking experience, working in both Windows and Linux based environments.

I am currently VCP and CCNA certified, and am working towards achieving CCNP status with a focus on storage networking. I also held an MCSE certification on Windows 2000.

I started this blog to give myself a break from studying, and to explore and document some of the project ideas I had swimming around in my head. I quickly realized that it could also be a great way to give back to the community that has provided me with so much support during my career. This site is only possible because of the generous and expert information provided in the blogs and user forums of the virtualization community.